Replying/Forwarding in IMP 2.2.6

Jeff Graves jeff@image-src.com
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:05:01 -0500

Does anyone what code I can change so that when I reply or forward, my new
text (and signature) are at the top of the email as opposed to the
forwarded (or replied to) message and then my text? I have a feeling it's
something in compose.php3, particularly this part:

<code snip>
        case REPLY:
                if ($imp->mailbox && $index && $bodypart) {

                        $quote_str = "\n" . $default->quote_prefix;
                        $structure = imap_fetchstructure($imp->stream,
$index, FT_UID);
                        $foo = false;
                        $attachments = MimeParseStructure($structure, '',
$foo);
                        $msg = find_text_part($attachments);
                        $msg = wrap_message($msg,
$_html['compose_body_cols'] - 8, $quote_str);
                        $msg  = $lang->quoting_string . ' ' . $qfrom .
":\n$quote_str$msg";
                        $msg .= "\n";

                        if (isset($h->subject) &&
(strtolower(substr(trim(decode_mime_string($h->subject)), 0, 3)) !=
're:'))
                                $subject = 'Re: ' .
chop(decode_mime_string($h->subject));
                        else if (isset($h->subject))
                                $subject =
chop(decode_mime_string($h->subject));
                        else
                                $subject = 'Re: ';

                        $ACTION_TEXT = $lang->action_reply . ' ' .
$subject;
                }
                break;
</code snip>

I basically want the the cursor to start at the top of the text-area with
two blank lines, the signature (if any), then the quoted message.

TIA,

Jeff Graves
Customer Support Engineer
Image Source, Inc.