[imp] POP3 messages duplicated

Jeff Graves jeff@image-src.com
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:12:16 -0500

The way POP3 works is that it transfers all mail to the client and then
displays it. Unless you have your setup set to delete messages after
download, you will continue to receive them every time you check for new
mail. Don't know where you can change this setting in IMP (or horde) but I
believe that's the reason you're continuing to receive deleted mail.

Jeff Graves
Customer Support Engineer
Image Source, Inc.
10 Mill Street
Bellingham, MA 02019

508.966.5200 X31 - Phone
508.966.5170 - Fax
jeff@image-src.com - Email

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Mirisola [mailto:ivan@nucci.com.br]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 8:31 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: [imp] POP3 messages duplicated

Hello list members,

I have been using IMP 2.2.6 to access accounts on both IMAP4rev1
2000.287cl
server and vpop3d version 1.008.
When using an IMAP server I don't have any problems. But when accessing a
pop3
account a virtual domain, messages get duplicated. I don't know why this
happens, but every time I try accessing an account of this type, all the
messages that I had previously deleted get duplicated.
Could this be a problem whith my vpop3d server?

Any Ideas?

Thanks anyone,

Ivan