[imp] Custom Options

Mike Coughlan mcoughlan@gothambroadband.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:19:04 -0500

> All right, before anyone gets further off-track on this: there is
> a preference type already in existance to handle this exact case.

We need to do something similar to procmail filtering. If I need to forward
all mails from my manager to my cel phone, I would need that to happen on
the server.  I was under the impression these filters happened only when IMP
is running.  Please set me straight if I am wrong.

That is just one example.  Without giving too many annoying details, we have
inherited a Communigate Mail server.  There are other "extra" options that
we need to add, that most IMP folks are not interested in.  Yes the back end
is entirely different, as it usually is for this non-IMAP stuff.

I believe others have implemented poppasswd, vacation, and procmail patches.
I should look at those examples.  I am curious if each is a new IMP icon.

It looks to me like the Options page is not as expandable as the IMP icons.
We can add another "Advanced Options" IMP icon, but as you pointed out it is
very similar to the current filtering, so it would be nice to group them
together.

Thanks for the reply.