[imp] IMP RC3 has outdated INSTALL doc - FreeBSD anyone????

Odhiambo Washington wash@wananchi.com
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 10:37:06 +0300

* Lisa Soto <lisa@sid.comtechnetworks.com> [20011214 19:28]: wrote:
> Quoting Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>:

> > have servers.php correctly setup, I guess and it seems any server I add in
> > there is accessible, remote or local. Is this what it's supposed to be?
> > My major question however is, how come in horde.php I have not setup
> > anything
> > for "Horde Authentication" (okay IMP does the auth because I changed the
> > registry.php
> > for that) but I also have not set "Preference System Setting" and it just
> > works.
> > What could I be missing here?
>
> Was this cleared up for you? If I'm reading correctly, you're asking if you
> should worry that the options magically worked for you?

Precisely. But I have a feeling that something is a miss, especially because
the moment I throw in the prefs to access the horde database then issues come
up. It's apparent that I am not using any form of auth at all, yes?

> > 2. How to get a user to change their preferences.
> If you have options set up right (either session based or sql based) you'll be
> have an "options" button at the top of the IMP screen to change your
> preferences. If it's session based, it won't be saved, but only valid for the
> duration of your login.

I want to have the users preferences sql-based. All I need is some HOWTO for it
then I can move ahead.

It's also been suggested to me that I lock some settings in prefs.php so that
the "Maintenance" options don't come at every login. Looking at that file, I
must admit I am clueless as to what needs to be changed ;-)
I'd appreciate if someone could post (directly to me) a snippet of the relevant
sections that need to be 'locked'.

Nice weekend.

TIA

- -Wash

S y s t e m s   A d m i n.

- --
Odhiambo Washington  <wash@wananchi.com>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'
Tel: 254 2 313985-9   Fax: 254 2 313922     so I installed FreeBSD."
GSM: 254 72 743 223   GSM: 254 733 744 121  This sig is McQ!  :-)

++
Pereant, inquit, qui ante nos nostra dixerunt.
"Confound those who have said our remarks before us."
		-- Aelius Donatus