[imp] Problems with sent_mail

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 06:36:45 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Stephan Fabel <s.fabel@link-m.de> wrote:

> I can delete mail, but I cannot create new folders, so therefore, I
> couldn't test if I am able to move mail to another one. :-/

OK; that narrows the problem helpfully; something's up with new folder
creation.  Just double-check that the write permissions of ~/Maildir
itself are enabled; if "cur new tmp" have write but "." doesn't you'd get
that effect.

> > maildirmake -f "Sent Items" $home/Maildir
>
> Well, I executed the above command, it went through - should I see another
> folder within the Maildir? Because I just see this:
>
> -rw-rw-rw-    1 stephan  stephan      6965 Dez 20 10:11 courierimapuiddb
> drwx------    2 stephan  stephan     10240 Dez 20 10:12 cur
> drwx------    2 stephan  stephan      5120 Dez 20 10:11 new
> drwx------    2 stephan  stephan      1024 Dez 20 10:47 tmp

Do an "ls -la" and you should see it; they're prefixed with dots:

drwx------    2 bjn      users         512 Dec  5 13:05 cur
drwx------    2 bjn      users         512 Dec 12 10:03 new
drwx------    5 bjn      users         512 Nov 17 21:23 .Sent Items
drwx------    2 bjn      users         512 Dec 12 10:03 tmp