[imp] Changing address format default in RC4?

Lloyd Zusman ljz@asfast.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 11:21:47 -0500

> Quoting Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com>:
>
> > These two items used to correspond in verion 2.3.7, as far as
> > I remember.  Although this is a very minor point, I think that
> > it would be better to show the "From" line in the Message
> > Composition window in exactly the same form in which the "From"
> > line appears in the outgoing message.
> >
> > What do all of you think?
>
> Nope. We discussed this when identities were added - it's entirely
> reasonable
> to have an identity with the same fullname and email address, but
> different
> signatures or sent mail folders or ... etc. So you need to display
> the
> identity's name so you can tell them apart.
>
> -chuck

I'm sorry I missed that discussion.  Well, I now agree that the
identity name should be displayed as it currently is being shown,
but FWIW, I also believe that in addition to this, a second line
should appear somewhere in the Message Composition window showing the
actual "From" line that will be used when the message is sent.

But like I said earlier, this is a minor point.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com