[imp] Problem with IMP

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:34:16 -0500

Quoting teste <branco@syners.org>:

> I just installed IMP and i'm having troubles using it.
> I can login in the webmail and afterwards he shows me that i have 3
> messages in my INBOX.
> I click on the link and my INBOX comes out empty (i am sure the messages
> are there, i sent them as tests).

Do you have any other folders, and do messages show up in any of them? Do
messages show up if you search for them?

> I am using IMAP as the way to authenticate myself.

Do you mean that you're using IMP for Horde auth, or that you're using Horde's
imap auth driver? If the latter, then only what you're authenticating against
for IMP should matter.

> On the server config file i already tried using an IMAP server and a POP
> server (cucipop and qpopper... tryed them both)

What IMAP server did you try? What did the configs that you trie look like?

> The logs aren't much helpful, messages has nothing with imapd, popd or
> httpd and maillog doesn't report any errors... everything is normal.
> Apache doesn't report nothing unusual either.

You should have a log - mail.info or some such - which records logins/logouts
to your mail server.

> With outlook in my windows box i can access my mail accounts both, by POP3
> and IMAP.

And this is the same server, and you can see the same messages?

You might want to take a look at this diff:
http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/imp/mailbox.php?r1=2.331&r2=2.332&ty=h

... in case your server isn't supporting sorting for some reason.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity