Jon: pgsql_session_handler.php (imp scaling)

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 13:30:28 -0500

Jon's probably the main person to answer this, though I'll ask the question
in the open anyways - any help appreciated.

I'm looking to database abstract the session handling for PHP to make way
for a cluster - our current system is doing 15,000 session of email daily and
we'll need to expand.

(for what's worth, moving the static content (images) to it's own server and
turning the Apache keep-alives off has made the system perform much better,
particularly much more stable under load, but there are still load issues).

I tried adding your handler in, Jon - where do you recommend it be included?
I added an include statement in Horde.php - should I have put it somewhere
else?   (I'm running a slightly earlier CVS of IMP from the 2.3 branch).

The error I get while logging into the system is:

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource in
/usr/local/horde/lib/pgsql_session_handler.php on line 173

I don't mind getting my hands dirty walking the code to figure this out,
just figured I'd look for any info from those more knowledgeable with this
add-on, as I start the troubleshooting...

Michael Bull, Systems Analyst - mbull@uoguelph.ca
Campus Services - Computing & Communications Services
University of Guelph, Ontario - (519) 824-4120 x6359