[imp] c-client issues/questions

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:10:53 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Kevin M. Myer <kevin_myer@iu13.org> wrote:

> I'd like to [...] easily be able to test different UW-IMAP c-client
> versions, without having to recompile PHP wholly each time (I
> essentially just want to recompile the imap shared library, not all the
> other extensions and base PHP code).  I haven't yet worked out the exact
> means to build a single shared library in the PHP build process and was
> hoping someone could shed some light on that.
> [...]
> Incidentally, I'm running PHP 4.0.6 from the Red Hat 4.0.6-12 source
> RPM, rebuilt with a few mods and additional extensions.

That's interesting, because if you're using the Red Hat RPM, that's
exactly what they do:  the single PHP IMAP shared library file is built
independently into the php-imap RPM.  If you look at the SPEC file (or the
output from "rpm -ba") you'll see the long compile line they use to
compile it.

> This is their latest release, which includes a fix for the fileupload
> bug.  I don't think it contains any backported stuff from the 4.1.X
> series.

You can try our Horde 4.1.0 RPMs also, which have the fileupload patch.

> I will probably be upgrading to PHP 4.1.2 in the not too distant future.

I'm (slowly) working on Horde PHP 4.1.2 RPMs -- trying to work out how to
build the XSLT stuff into a separate RPM if I can, to remove the js and
sablotron dependencies for people who don't want them.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde