[imp] IMP-CVS RELENG_3 Mailbox is empty problem.

Leopoldo Saggin topoldo@bio.unipd.it
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:15:08 +0100

At 12.08 12/03/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Quoting Leopoldo Saggin <topoldo@bio.unipd.it>:
> > This is *EXACTLY* what I also get with a POP server (that runs in a
> > machine  different from horde/imp server).
> > My IPM/horde machine is a Linux RedHat 7.2 box and I am using rpms
> pacakges
> > (horde 2.0 + IMP3.0 + mysql and all other stuff) found at horde/imp site.
> > I described my problem in the mail whose subject is:
> > "IMP 3.0 problem when INBOX is empty"
> > that I submitted to this mailing list on Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:25:30 +0100.
> > I had just a reply but what reports semms different from my problem.
>
>I still can't reproduce this problem with the latest code; what exact page do
>you get the error on?

I'm using the "official" .rpm files at the IMP site, not the CVS ones.
My organization has a Sun machine running Solaris 8.0 with its pop3 version
2.0.
Our popserver (mailserver) is interfaced with a PC running RedHat 7.2, IMP
3.0 + Horde 2.0, php and mysql (al the packages I use are those I found in
the download section of IMP site except for apache that is the updated one
given by RedHat).
When I log as a user into horde it appears a dark blu screen with a
"Welcome xxx@yyy" banner. Than there is a line with the string "Mail".
Under these there is a white line with the string:
"INBOX 0"
All the rest of the page is dark blu.
If I select with the mouse the area exactly under the "INBOX" string I can
see, in reverse, the statement:
"Warning: Mailbox is empty (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0"
This statement is normally difficult to see because it is in black on dark
blue background.
Now if I select the "INBOX" string (that is the hyperlink to my INBOX), I
get an empty white page with on the the bottom that dark blue frame
containing buttons for IMP, horde, Exit etc...
On the contrary, if I log into IMP directly I have an empty white page
without any button at the bottom.

When I used the demo page at imp.org to test imp program using the POP
server of my organization I have the correct INBOX appearance with a white
line telling me that there are No messages in this mailbox.
It seems however that some days ago in just one case I could reproduce the
same error, but I have no clear data because I didn't care too much.

If you need I can also write down in a next messages the config files I use.
However there is just minimal a personalization.
Leopoldo Saggin