[imp] File doesn't exist problems

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 16:00:21 +0100

Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:

> Quoting "Richard E. Long" <rlong@abofa.com>:
>
> > I need to be able to atleast open PDF files in Acrobat from IMP. If I
> > click on the PDF icon, I get a save option, no open option and it will
>
> > fail.  If I try to open it from the floppy icon I get a "can't open
> > file, file doesn't exist" message when I select the open option.  If I
>
> > choose the save option and save to disk, I can open the file.  What's
> > going on ?
>
> I don't know. I can't figure out what is different between the headers
> IMP
> is sending and the headers that Apache sends for a standard PDF file. And
>
> it works fine in Netscape.
>
> Anyone know how to fool IE in this case?

Yes, I think. Though I didn't have time to fiddle with it exactly. All
these problems (with several file types and IE) disappeared when I applied
the cache_ssl_download instruction also on non ssl connections. But this is
currently only possible globally and of course we only want this if we have
a VIEW_ATTACH action in view.php and no mime driver defined for that mime
type.

Can we override a session_cache_limiter() with a different value at a later
time? Then we could do that in the VIEW_ATTACH case.

But as I already said, this is not thorougly tested.

Jan.