[imp] problem with login screen with IMP 3.1 RC1 (and horde 2.1 RC1) installed

Jason Keltz jas@cs.yorku.ca
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 21:03:58 -0500 (EST)

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your responses..

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Jan Schneider wrote:

> The login page _is_ displayed in the default (browser or system) language.
> And we need a way to know if the user _explicitely_ asked to use another
> language.

I can understand this.  However, would it be possible to set the default
language in the language box to the language that the user has specified
in their browser so that there is some 'default'.  By always saying
"Select a language", users will think they *have* to select a language as
opposed to thinking that there is a default.

> > b) not offer a mail folder selection.
>
> This has been moved from the preferences to the configuration file.

Makes sense... users shouldn't have to specify it each time they login.

> > c) not say "Mail" as the name of the application, even though you have
> >    specified in the configuration file that IMP will be handling the
> >    login and not Horde.
>
> Because it is displayed when you login to the Horde framework.

Oki.

> > d) not offer any help link for new users.
>
> Because the introduction was outdated and unmaintained.

Oki.

Thanks..

Jason.