[imp] Removing "Save" and "Undo" from preference group

Joshua E Warchol jwarchol@dsl.net
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:09:10 -0500

It isn't really an option to change the autoresponder system to make
it work in IMP. My only choice it to make IMP manage the data in LDAP
so that the autoresponder server just works.

After spending a good bit of time looking at how the Horde pref system
works I can clearly see that the flexability I'm asking about isn't there.
Not Horde's fault, the pref system is very nice. I'd go so far as to say
elegant.

I'm definately trying to draw outside the lines here. What I want is the
ability for a preference group to be a link. Where I have a pref group
called "Customize Mailbox" now, I'd like to have two that are links to my
PHP pages. But this would require changes to horde's overview.inc. Where
overview.inc outputs the link (with group set) to prefs.php in IMP, I'd
have a conditional allowing it to link to another page. Then the pref group's
entry in config/prefs.php would have a 'url' attribute.

This wouldn't be a hard modification to make, but I'm loath to make changes
to Horde itself. So far all my changes have been to configurations and with
the addition of new files. This makes it easy to generate a patch and upgrade
horde/imp as needed. But if I start mucking with other files, it won't
be so easy.

Suggestions?