Seg Fault with Imp

Stephen A. Cochran stephen.a.cochran.lists@cahir.net
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 01:06:15 -0400

I'm running a stock RH7.2 install, updated with up2date to the following
revs:

apache-1.3.22-2
php-4.0.6-15
php-imap-4.0.6-15
php-ldap-4.0.6-15
php-mysql-4.0.6-15
pear-4.1.0

I've also tried the following versions installed via rpms

apache-1.3.23-8
php-4.1.2-5
and other depends

and with the stock 7.2 install before up2date was run.

I've tried both 3.0 and 3.1RC1 with all of these configs, and I keep
getting get faults when trying to log in. The error message is that
redirect.php failed, but what really happened was apache seg faulted. No
errors output first, just a segfault even with the highest debug level.

The first day I installed it, it worked fine. Then I tried to demo it 2
days later and it failed three times, then let me demo it for 20 minutes
without problem. Now it always crashes again. PHP seems to be working
other than that, the test scripts run, and I get the login window.
Apache is also running bugzilla on the same machine, and it's working
fine.

Anyone have any ideas, or at least a pointer where I can try and get
some more info on what's crashing?

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth College