[imp] IMP Preference Options

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:10:00 +0200

<short>
These options on inbox.lv are backend related.
They have nothing to do with the MUA (Mail User Agent (mail program: ie-
IMP))

If you are using Cyrus as the backend, its pretty simple to setup the
vacation and mailfrowarding options. for other backends its different.

If you are using Cyrus and are intrerested in these functionalites, then
let me know, I'll put some patches for the releases.
</short>

<long>

I wanted to write a filtering/forwarding/auto-responder mechanism, but I
didnt  because i realized that they are so much system dependent.

For example: a backend of filters for Sieve(Cyrus):
   Tbis was perfectly possible cause they had a transport mechanism.

Try the same for procmail for example:
   One can generate procmail filter from imp filter hash but where to put
   it?? In case of one mail server it works fine but how about when
   there are multiple mailstore servers?

   user1 can have his home directory on serverX

   and

   user2 can have his home directory on serverY

so how to transpot stuff to the right server etc without any clearly
defined mechanism.

Please dont mention NFS. I'll puke :)

</long>

--