[imp] RFC822/PEAR problem ?

Lars Anderson lsa@business.auc.dk
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:54:42 +0200

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 16:43:06, Marc Villegas wrote:

Hi,

I have also seen this problem with postfix, and I found out the following:

If I send email to an invalid adresse, eg.

  example@example.com.

Ie. with a trailing dot.

IMP (via Mail.php and RFC822.php from PEAR) shortens this adress to <@>

This may lead to unwanted actions, For example in postfix, if you do not
specify  reject_non_fqdn_recipient postfix will accept the mail but see
it as an empty adress and forward the mail to postmaster.

Maybe it would be better to catch the bad address in IMP.

Regards
Lars