[imp] Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imap_utf7_encode

kevin wells wells@krwells.com
Mon, 06 May 2002 15:03:35 +0200

Hallo fellow IMP-users,

I've just installed IMP on a SuSe 7.3 Linux box with UW-IMAP and I'm
getting error messages on trying to login to IMP-Webmail.  I'd
appreciate any help you can give me with this problem!

When calling up the login.php,  the following error messages appear
above the login box:

Notice: Use of undefined constant SORTARRIVAL - assumed 'SORTARRIVAL' in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/krwells.com/horde/imp/config/prefs.php on line
233
Notice: Use of undefined constant SORTARRIVAL - assumed 'SORTARRIVAL' in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/krwells.com/horde/imp/config/prefs.php on line
237
Notice: Use of undefined constant SORTDATE - assumed 'SORTDATE' in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/krwells.com/horde/imp/config/prefs.php on line
238
Notice: Use of undefined constant SORTFROM - assumed 'SORTFROM' in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/krwells.com/horde/imp/config/prefs.php on line
239
Notice: Use of undefined constant SORTSUBJECT - assumed 'SORTSUBJECT' in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/krwells.com/horde/imp/config/prefs.php on line
240
Notice: Use of undefined constant SORTSIZE - assumed 'SORTSIZE' in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/krwells.com/horde/imp/config/prefs.php on line
241
Notice: Use of undefined constant OP_HALFOPEN - assumed 'OP_HALFOPEN' in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/krwells.com/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 169

Then when I try to login (with name, password and clicking on "log in"
button),  I just get the following error message:

Notice: Use of undefined constant OP_ANONYMOUS - assumed 'OP_ANONYMOUS'
in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/krwells.com/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line
299
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imap_utf7_encode() in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/krwells.com/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 311

Now, I compiled PHP v4.2.0  ok with:  ./configure
--with-apache=/src/apache_1.3.24 --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
--with-imap-ssl=/src/imap  --with-gettext=/src/gettext --with-xml
--enable-track-vars

Openssl was compiled ok with: ./config  --prefix=/usr/local/ssl

Apache v1.3.24 compiled ok with:
./configure   --prefix=/usr/local/apache
--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a

I've tried a number of things to solve this problem:

1. putting "imap/ssl" instead of "imap"  for protocol type in
horde/imp/config/servers.php.

2. As suggested in the PHP online manual, before running the PHP
./configure, doing the following at the top of the UW-IMAP source
directory:

ln -s c-client include
mkdir lib
cd lib
ln -s ../c-client/c-client.a libc-client.a

I've pasted the output of my Horde test.php below,  which would suggest
that the IMAP module functionality isnt installed! But I surely
installed it when I did the .,/configure (as above). Ive retried the
configure and make for PHP and Apache several times, (doing make clean
first), checking all the locations, but same result...

I'm now baffled as to what could be causing this problem!  Thanks in
advance for any assistance you can give with this!

Kevin

test.php:

Horde: 2.0
 IMP: 3.0

 PHP Version
    View phpinfo() screen
    PHP Version: 4.2.0
    PHP Major Version: 4.2
    PHP Minor Version: 0
    PHP Version Classification: release
    You are running a supported version of PHP.

 PHP Module Capabilities
    FTP Support: No
    Gettext Support: Yes
    IMAP Support: No
    LDAP Support: No
    MCAL Support: No
    Mcrypt Support: No
    MySQL Support: Yes
    PostgreSQL Support: No
    XML Support: Yes

 Miscellaneous PHP Settings
    magic_quotes_runtime set to Off: Yes

 PHP Sessions
    Session counter: 2
    To unregister the session: click here

 PEAR
    PEAR - Yes
    Recent PEAR - Yes
    Mail::RFC822 - Yes
    Log - Yes
    DB - Yes

phpinfo.php says:

PHP Version 4.2.0

                  System
                                 Linux ganesh 2.4.10-4GB #1 Fri Sep 28
17:20:21 GMT 2001 i586 unknown
                  Build Date
                                 May 6 2002 14:01:22
                  Configure Command
                                 './configure'
'--with-apache=/src/apache_1.3.24' '--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql'
                                 '--with-imap-ssl=/src/imap'
'--with-gettext=/src/gettext' '--with-xml' '--enable-track-vars'
                  Server API
                                 Apache
                  Virtual Directory Support
                                 disabled