[imp] CVS and configuring working sites

Will Koffel will@koffel.org
Tue, 7 May 2002 15:36:01 -0400

I'm sure there are many ways to do this.  Note that only *.dist config files
are in CVS.  So what I do is have a custom *.cust file for each altered config
file.  I have a simple shell script that generates config files from my custom
configs.  If I see that a *.dist file got updated, I run a diff to see if I
should add it to my *.cust files.  There are clearly more elegant ways to
handle the config file changes (but those are pretty rare).  This is a brain-
dead simple way to handle it, but works for me.

Hope that helps.

-Will