[imp] Attachments fail, uploads don't (was: All but attachmen ts)

Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:44:38 -0500

Quoting Joost De Cock <Joost.DeCock@astrid.be>:

> To tackle my attachments problems, I'm thinking about stepping up to IMP
> 3.1.

Reasonable.

> Is this a foolish idea?

No, it is worth a try.

> Here's why:
>
> I've created my own script to upload to the server, and it works without a
> problem, so in my script, it's the same webserver, it's the same php
> configuration, so the only thing that's left is horde and imp. That's why I'm
> thinking about an upgrade.

Can't hurt, but may not help.  But there are enough new features in 3.1 that
I can recommend the upgrade just on that basis alone.

> Anybody did this yet, is it easy, or is it a pain in the *** like the php
> upgrade someone talked my into earlier ;)

It will take some work if you want to upgrade in place, but is not a big deal.
A fresh install would be of course trivial.  It will seem like a walk in the
park on a nice day compared to the php upgrade! (I upgrade Horde/IMP all
the time, but the php 4.2.x upgrade scares me so much I've not even tried
it and am staying at 4.1.x).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage