[imp] Re: [dev] Delete & Purge

Tero Matinlassi tero.matinlassi@edu.vantaa.fi
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:34:49 +0300

Lainaus Federico Giannici <giannici@neomedia.it>:

> Federico Giannici wrote:
> >
> > In my experience, even expert users almost always immediately
> follow
> > Delete command with Purge.
>
> I think that the "Delete & Purge" command could be handy for expert
> users too.
>
> So I propose to always add the command "Delete & Purge" next to the
> "Delete" command in the Mailbox and Message pages.
>
> Than we could add a new Preferences option, something as "Simplify
> deletion of messages" or "Immediately Purge deleted messages", or
> something else...

I really don't see a need for this. If you want to accomplish something
like this, enable the option for moving messages to trash when
deleting. If you enable that, the hide and purge deleted commands won't
be shown anymore (and there's a new button called empty trash at the
menu). At the maintenance options you can define how often the trash
folder will be emptied and/or how old messages are removed.

Maybe this should be stated in the FAQ (if it isn't there yet)?

-Tero

--
Tero Matinlassi