[imp]translation not appearing?

Thomas -Balu- Walter tw@itreff.de
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:45:03 +0200

+ Thomas -Balu- Walter <tw@itreff.de> [10.07.02 19:11]:
> The translations are there, the pages include a <html lang="de-DE"> and
> the helps are german too. horde/test.php tells me "Gettext Support: Yes"
> and I have gettext (+gettext-el) installed on my basic Debian woody-box.
>
> Any suggestions what I am missing / doing wrong?

Solution is easy. Gettext (and gettext-el) are not needed. What you need
is the package "locales" (which you had installed of course), but also
make sure that /etc/locale.gen contains the locales you want to support
AND generate the locales using "locale-gen".

In my system a guy called "Murphy" deleted all entries in
/etc/locale.gen while I was thinking they were inside - resulting in
having no locales at all.

Ah - and btw. stop talking to yourself.

     Balu

--
I wanna die in my sleep, like my grampa.
Not screaming like the rest of the people in his car.