[imp] gpg private key problems

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:46:50 -0600

Quoting Stephen Samuel <samuel@bcgreen.com>:

| GPG shouldn't be looking for ultimately trusted keys when
| it's trying to SIGN a piece of email. Trust is only an
| issue when *testing* an email, isn't it?.
|
| It looks to me like IMP is attempting to VERIFY the
| (as yet unsigned?) email rather than sign it.

"--always-trust" is in there just to reduce the number of potential
superfluous error messages that gpg might output.  It may not be needed for
every operation, but it doesn't 'hurt' anything by being there - by this I
mean that if --always-trust is used in an operation that doesn't require
it, it will not exit with an error.

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder