[imp] help - mswordview

Simon Oxwell soxwell@central.murdoch.edu.au
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:32:05 +0800

Darci Antônio Tartari wrote:
> I am using horde 2.1, imp 3.1, turba 1.1, kronolith 1.0, nag 1.0, php 4.2.1 with
> every php modules ok, except postgresql in FreeBSD 4.5 box.
>
> Every time I try to see a word doc using imp it works good but not for the
> pictures. I noticed that at unix prompt wvHtml  work without that problem.
>
> When I use Imp to see the same document the log generated at httpd-error.log is :
>
> Diagnostic: (./escher.c:631)  Diagnostic: (./escher.c:223)  [Tue Aug 13 10:51:00
> 2002] [error] [client 10.76.1.1] File does not exist:
> /usr/local/www/data/horde/imp/mswordVhFJ6Y0.png
>
> I also notice that the mswordVhFJ6Y0.png is in my /tmp dir and not where imp
> are trying to read as we can see in the log.
>
> Is there anyone who could help me to solve this problem ?

I got around this issue by putting the following line in my httpd.conf
file for Apache (Assuming you're using Apache):

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/horde/imp/(.*).png /tmp/$1.png

Which does a rewrite of the URL internally to apache (so the users don't
see it), keeps /tmp out of your webtree and only redirects for .png
requests. (You have to have mod_rewrite enabled in Apache too, I guess)

Simon

--
o Simon Oxwell --------- Computer and Database Administrator (ITS) o
| soxwell@central.murdoch.edu.au           Phone: +61 08 9360 7335 |