[imp] Customizing

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:11:48 -0500

Quoting Ed Welsh <ewelsh@uscentral.org>:

> I will have to start all my messages with "After checking all the usual
> places, I couldn't figure this out and need a hand".  You will notice that
> none of my questions were directly addressed in the FAQ, hence my posting
> them to the list.

Actually, at least the way you phrased them, they are in the FAQ.
You perhaps need to be more specific in your questions.  And the second
part of your question (locales) is in the FAQ.

> The mail list is my last resort.  With the help of the other folks in this
> list I was able to start my customizations.  Thanks.

Great.  If you have something you think needs to be added to the FAQ
let me know.

I thought the motd.php was in the FAQ, but it isn't.  It
certainly is in the list archives.  Not to mention it is well commented
and examples given in the current CVS HEAD (at least) version.

I'll try to add motd.php to the FAQ though, as soon as I find time.
You're posts at least pointed out this omission.

> EW
>
> :Quoting Ed Welsh <ewelsh@uscentral.org>:
> :
> :> Where is the best place to start for customizing IMP/Horde?
> :
> :The faq at http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/

Still a good answer to the question as posed.

> :> All the documents I find relate to previous versions of IMP and have
> :> details about editing files in /<impdir>/locale/<lang>, but in IMP 3
> :> these directions do not apply.
> :
> :try /<impdir>/po/lang.po instead :)

Ditto, and in the FAQ.

> :> For starters I just want to change the login banner.
> :
> :Been discussed on the list, is in the faq, etc.  Check the
> :archives and/or the faq.

Either the FAQ addresses this, or you need to rephrase your question so
we know why the FAQ doesn't cover it.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage