[imp] Languages not changing.

Kenjiro Tanaka kenjiro@brturbo.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:36:08 -0300

On Friday 30 August 2002 01:05, Rodolfo Gonzalez wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Eli wrote:
> > I don't think that solves everyone's problem, since I know for a fact
> > PHP, but I do have iconv support in PHP.
>
> Hmm, iconv? but you only need gettext to get it running.
>
> > The languages don't change at all for me, regardless if I select it a=
> > the login, or in my prefs.  Someone mentioned having to rebuild the
> > language files or something, but the command looked like it was a
> > generic system command, nothing to do with IMP.
>
> Hmm, the glibc's locales have a lot to do (just because after
> installing them I got IMP working correctly ;) ). So, yes, you need tho=
se
> locale definitions in /usr/share/i18n and /usr/share/locale.
>
> Regards.

	Well... I really don't know what to do.

	I checked these "tips" you sent, Rodolfo, and guess what.... all the locales
are correct. The 'pt_BR' is there on the server (a RedHat 7.3).

	I even tried copying the config files from a friend. On his University they
are using the same versions of IMP, Horde and  Turba I installed on our
server. Their IMP works in Brazilian Portuguese. So... I got their files and
tried on my installation. Did it work? NO! :(

	Still the same problem! On my workstation (Slackware 8.1 and Mozilla 1.0 -
both in english) the webmail "opens" in Portuguese (I locked the language in
the config files). On the user's workstations (Windows NT 4 and IExplorer -
both in portuguese) the webmail "opens" in English.

	I just don't understand what might be the problem. If it was a locale
problem... it should display only one language for everyone, right? Be it
English or pt_BR. If it works for me (using my workstation as a regular
user), why it doesn't work for the other people?

	Thanks for your time and attention, guys and girls ;)

	Kenjiro

--
(http://www.kenjiro.brturbo.com)

There is no Emotion, there is Peace
There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge
There is no Passion, there is Serenity
There is no Death, there is the Force