[imp] gettext does not work

Inge Bonninga I.Bonninga@uci.kun.nl
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:08:21 +0200

hallo,

system: solaris 8, PMDF 6.1, horde 2.1, imp 3.1, php 4.2.2

I am configuring webmail on our mailserver and I still have problems
with changing the language to nl_NL. Parts of webmail (help, 1 button in
compose, sending problems) are in Dutch, other strings are not
translated.

According to the file horde/po/README all languages for both horde/po
and horde/imp/po are translated. Gettext just returns the
string-to-translate:
  bash-2.03# export TEXTDOMAINDIR=/usr/local/webmail/horde/locale
  bash-2.03# (LANG=nl_NL; LANGUAGE=nl_NL; LC_MESSAGES=nl_NL; gettext
horde               "Add pair")
  Add pairbash-2.03#

I use gettext from Solaris (/usr/bin/gettext).
I notice that the mo-files are not used.
I hope somebody can help me.

IT Bonninga

| mail:  I.Bonninga@uci.kun.nl                             |
| tel.:  (+31 24 36)17967                                  |
| Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen              KUN        |
| Universitair Centrum Informatievoorziening    UCI        |
| postadres:   Postbus 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, NL          |
| bezoekadres: Geert Grooteplein 41 Zuid, Nijmegen, NL     |