[imp] Question about gettext with solaris

Nigel Cass N.Cass@Hull.ac.uk
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:19:29 +0100

Hi Guys.
I'm just about to do a fresh install of a Sun Fire server (Solaris 8)
and I was hoping that someone who has managed to get the
internationalisation working under IMP on a solaris platform can offer
some advice.

On my pilot system I attempted to compile php with gnu gettext rather
than the sun version (probably a mistake?) and no matter what I tried I
couldn't seem to get the thing to work. I did a lot of research through
past articles in the archives but I never actually saw a full solution
for how to definitely get gettext working on a solaris platform with
IMP.

I would be grateful for any advice that any of you Solaris users could
give me before I install the system in order to hopefully avoid any of
the known problems with Solaris, imp and gettext.

TYIA

Nigel Cass
Systems Engineer
University of Hull