[imp] Errors in loging into Imp.

robert sand rsand@d.umn.edu
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:37:12 -0500

Thanks I no longer get the message about username and password.  I do get a
session timeout though. The error message is :

"Your Mail session has expired. Please log in again."

I am using the path of httpd://webserver/horde/imp to log into imp.  I have
setup horde to use imp as the authenticator, iamp as the authentication method,
and it is setup that way in the horde config.

horde.php:$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';

registry.php:$this->registry['auth']['login'] = 'imp';
registry.php:$this->registry['auth']['logout'] = 'imp';
registry.php:$this->registry['mail']['compose'] = 'imp';
registry.php:$this->registry['mail']['composePopup'] = 'imp';

Also I am not receiving any messages in the /tmp/horde.log, /var/log/messages,
and I am receiving messages in /var/log/maillog stating a successful login and
logout. I have noticed in the web errorlog that child processes are seg faulting.

Eric Rostetter wrote:

Quoting robert sand <rsand@d.umn.edu>:

When I telnet to the imap server (on the same server as imp) I can connect to
imap.

Connect?  As in just connect, or login, or see your mail, or what?

When I use the imp/test.php I can connect after adding /notls to the server
string.

Yep, for RH 7.2+ with updates, this will be needed.

When I try to log into imp (the /notls is added in the horde config file and
in
the port configuration for the server.php in imp '143/notls') I get a message
stating that either my username or password is incorrect.

You should only specify it in servers.php (as imap/notls) and not elsewhere.
If you are specifying it elsewhere, that may be your problem.

Also, check your realm settings.  Setting a realm when you don't need one
can also cause logins to fail.

This was a major sticking point in why I didn't upgrade last year.  I
couldn't
get past this.

That's a shame.  Many people are having no problem with this setup.
Unfortunately, not many people had a real good understanding of RH 7.3
until just the last 3 months or so.

If anyone can help in this It would be great.  I am running a
redhat 7.3 with all the updates from redhat installed and SSL turned off on
the
web server because of the OpenSSL worm.

SSL off is a help.  Do you have a real certificate, or a self-signed?
If self-signed, you'll probably need to modify servers.php for that also,
when you turn SSL back on.

--
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand@d.umn.edu

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
  Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.