[imp] Fwd: new window, again :)

Cliff Green green@UMDNJ.EDU
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:46:16 -0400

> ----- Forwarded message from evaristo@bsione.com.br -----
>     Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:47:05 -0300
>     From: Evaristo <evaristo@bsione.com.br>
>  Subject: new window, again :)
>       To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
>
> ola friend!
>
> it pardons my English, I am Brazilian and still I am studying its language.
> thank you for its aid previously!
> but still I am with problems, necessary to open only the webmail (INBOX) in
> another window (window.open) when pressuring in the Log button in.
> This new window will not be able to contain adressbar, standard, status and
> etc.
> harms as to pass the parameters of the form of login?
> without them it will not go to enter in the webmail.
> it forgives to bother very and obliged.
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

One thing you could try is, instead of putting the accountname/password entry
fields on your page, you could put a link to a URL with this at the other end:

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
window.open
("horde/index.php","Home","fullscreen=no,type=fullWindow,toolbar=1,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=no,resizable=1");
//-->
</script>

It will open a separate window without addressbar, status, etc.  Change
'toolbar=1' to 'toolbar=0' if you want to get rid of that, too.

It's not quite the same as what you're trying to do, but might suffice.
Alternatively, I suppose you could get the accountname & password, then pass
them as parameters to a logon URL as the first parameter.  There's been some
discussion of how to do this on the list, and should be in the archives.

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
Signature under NDA