[imp] Mail with no subject not accessable

Joakim Backlund jba at du.se
Mon Oct 14 10:22:05 PDT 2002

Hello everyone

First of all, thank you all developers of horde/imp. You are doing a excellent work.

Now to my problem.

Here at Dalarna University, Sweden, we have used imp the last three years and
now we are using imp 4.0-cvs from early October. Our problem now are:

When reciving mail with no subject from persons using MS Outlook Express as
their mail client the mail shows up in my Inbox as a mail with a empty field
instead of "[No Subject]" which I gets when I'm sending a mail with no subject
from imp.

Is there any solution to the problem? I've checked the code but I'm no
php-developer so that wasn't much of a help. Of course I can change the
From-field from being "compose" to "message" in the imp conf.php. But doing that
will surely bring on massive complaints from all users (approx 8.000).

Here's an example of the mail header. (I've left out those parts where the
senders mail address is exposed)