[imp] Message Composition window does not close

Thu Nov 7 17:21:06 2002

Quoting Marc <gorgon@inworld.de>:

> Hi Eric,
>
> thanks for your answers/questions.
> A colleague of mine asked me a simple question one hour ago:
>
> is it possible that not /sending/ is the problem but rather /saving/
> the copy in "sent-mail"-Folder

Darn, wish I had thought to ask that :)

> At that moment I realized that there can be a problem with
> IMPs-imap-Commands because I established imapproxy some days ago to
> reduce load of our LDAP-Servers (I forgot to write this yesterday)

Let's move this to the imapproxy mailing list then.

> After disabling imapproxy the problem has gone but leaves the question
> where the difference between sent-mail-Handling IMP and
> netscape-messanger could be found.

> Here the installation at the hosts:
>
>  993 >--stunnel-->  1444 where imapproxy lives
> 1444 >--imapproxy--> 143 where cyrus-imapd lives
>
> IMP connects directly to 127.0.0.1:1444 without ssl but notls.
> The systems don't have local users and all other clients
> (Mozilla,pine,mutt,emacs) are forced to use Port 993 by networking and
> have no problem in saving mails with attachments to their
> sent-mail-Folder while sending a mail.
>
> There must be a difference that become a problem with imapproxy.

Sounds like it.  I suggest we take it up on the imapproxy list, since it
only occurs when using imapproxy.

I've found another problem in imapproxy that I've yet to track down.  So
there's room to think that imapproxy has issue, either in itself or when
used with "broken" imap servers and/or "broken" email messages.

> the browser hangs for about 20-30 mintues in this horde session.

What are your timeouts in imapproxy?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics