[imp] Outlook MIME Problems

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Nov 11 22:07:57 2002

Quoting Scott Carr <scarr@progbits.com>:

| I have noticed with the latest version of IMP a problem with Outlook.
| (Imagine
| that.)  Basically, the problem is the MIME boundary that is being sent.
| Outlook
| is saying that the MIME boundary is something like
| "----Boundary.1234ga.something", but when it uses the boundary it is
| putting
| "------Boundary.1234ga.something" on the break lines.

This is correct.  To signify the beginning of a new MIME Part, the
characters '--' must appear at the beginning of a line.  Thus, if your
boundary is '-Boundary', it will appear as '---Boundary' in the body of the
message.  To end a boundary you add '--' to the end of the boundary also
(e.g. '---Boundary--').

michael