[imp] Modify config of IMP 3.1

Tue Nov 12 19:09:48 2002

Quoting EdwardSPL@ita.org.mo:

> > > 3, How to modify the text characters of login.php ?
> > > eg : change "Welcome to Horde" to "Welcome to Edward's WebMail System",
> >
> > See the follow FAQ entries:
> > http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c5
> > http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c4
> > http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c6

>From the above FAQ, with some changes to make it easier for you:

   1. Go to the horde/po directory
   2. run xgettext.sh to generate a messages.po file
   3. rename the messages.po file to en_US.po
   4. Adjust the header lines (dates, authors, etc) of the file, and
      remove the first "#, fuzzy" line
   5. Translate the text in the msgid lines into the appropriate msgstr lines.
      For your example, change the msgid line for "Welcome to %s" to
      "Welcome to my web mail system" or what ever you want it to say.
   6. Compile the new file using the included makefile (make install)
      You may have to restart your web server to see the new translations.

If you use IMP for authentication, you may need to do the above to the
horde/imp/po/ directory instead of the horde/po/ directory.

The above will change the English text.  To change other languages, edit
the (already existing) .po file (for German, use de_DE.po, for Dutch use
nl_NL.po, for chinese use which ever chinese locale(s) you want to change,
for example zh_TW.po for Traditional Chinese or zh_CN for Simplified Chinese.
Repeat the above steps 5-6 for each language file you want to change.

> > > and I want to let different users to use different language, so I want
> > > to know which files I need to modify ( multi-languages eg : English and
> > > Chinese )...

See above for info on how to provide translations for languages (or the
FAQ I already quoted).

> > horde/imp/config/*.php (in particular prefs.php and servers.php

This is to enable language support, if not already enabled.  Not sure
if you have the support enabled or not.

> Hello,
>
> Sorry, I don't quite understand the means...

Then ask a specific question.  What exactly don't you understand.  What
exactly do you want to do?

> I just want to modify the main page of imp ( eg : my attached files : bmp
> format,
> http://www.ita.org.mo/~edward/imp/ )

Won't view in my browser currently...

> I want to let my users they can use multi-language with the login.php?...

Meaning?  Do you have a language selection on the login page?  Do you have
preferences working in Horde/IMP?  What is it that isn't working or that
you need help with?

> I'm similar with html, but I don't similar with php ( programming )...

You don't need php for any of the above.

> for example, I don't know how to add a logo into main page of imp ( English
> or Chinese version of login.php ) !

Easiest way, without knowing php, is to add the image in html to the
horde/config/motd.php file, or horde/imp/config/motd.php file if you use
IMP for Horde authentication.  This will add the image right below the
login form.

To add it elsewhere, you will need to edit php source files.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!