[imp] Re: "Mail Preview" patch

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur@mechanus.org
Fri Nov 15 15:25:44 2002

 | ----- Message from stevesherlock@es-net.co.uk ---------
 |     Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:10:23 -0000
 |     From: Stephen Sherlock <stevesherlock@es-net.co.uk>
 |  Subject: [imp] Re: "Mail Preview" patch
 |       To: imp@lists.horde.org
 |
 | Hmmmm, that doesn't seem to happen on our servers. I'm guessing it may be
 | the version of IMAP you're using?
 |
 | All our servers run on the Debian "testing" version of Washington Imap...
 |
 | Still, I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard to set the unread flag back on
 | the mails. Afterall, the code that generates the preview is only run through
 | if the mail is actually being previewed, so there wouldn't be any stray
 | unread flags popping up...
 |
 | That's a little beyond my understanding of IMAP with PHP though, so if
 | anyone else cares to oblige... :)
 |
 | Stephen Sherlock

I believe that is site dependant. I updated last night to the CVS version of
horde and imp to get a feel for the preview patch, and it works wonders here.
i'm still awaiting to hear feedback from the users, but all in all, it's really
good. the preview's behaviour is, i believe, as expected - unread mails are
previewed, and remain in that state until i open the mail in the conventional
way, no matter if i log out or not. this works on the production server like a
charm, but i'm running uw-imap 2002 rc5 and php 4.3.0-dev.

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
A cynic is a person searching for an honest man, with a stolen latern. - Edgar
Shoaf