[imp] IMP, Quotas, Courier-IMAP and LDAP

Syahrul Sazli Shaharir sazli@myjaring.net
Tue Nov 26 06:59:20 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Brian Clark wrote:

> I am using the modified Quota script by Tjeerd van der Zee
> Tjeerd.vdzee@chello.nl
> See this URL for more info.
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=quota+courier+group:mailing.www.horde-imp&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=adkoog%242sit%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=3
>
> Whenever I login to IMP, I get these two error messages:
> Warning: Undefined variable: homedir in
> /var/www/html/horde/imp/config/conf.php on line 406

In PHP, an LDAP search returns attributes in all lower case. So you need
to use 'homedirectory', not 'homeDirectory' (I think the original code you
quoted already used lower case).

> Warning: stat failed for /Maildir/maildirsize (errno=13 - Permission
> denied) in /var/www/html/horde/imp/config/conf.php on line 407

Warning self-explanatory -- remember it's your httpd daemon that's doing
the Maildir check, not the user.

Personally I use earlier version:-

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=ad346bf05e7fa7ff&rnum=3

Just piggybacks on your user's IMAP connection (courier-imap just need
QUOTA extension enabled), no need to do the LDAP and filesystem stuff.

--sazli
cd /open/source; make world
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x06D4113E
Key fingerprint = 0776 CC02 2C3F C0FF 7312  0C3E 0593 AF64 06D4 113E