[imp] Imp Login options

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Dec 4 23:53:08 2002

Quoting Yannick Cayer <ycayer@3webmedia.com>:

> I am running Horde 2.0/Imp 3.1 on a Redhat 7.2 Machine.

I think those should work fine, though I'm more familiar with Horde 2.1.

> I would like them to use their user@domain information
> to logon to imp. However I cannot put that in Realm because we have several
> domains hosted on that server.

Well, you probably could force it in there if you tried hard enough, but
it would be much easier to use the provided hooks instead :)

> Is there a way I can setup IMP so (with a hook function perhaps)  that it
> will get the user@domain from my
> /etc/mail/virtusertable file and "map" it to the right account so my users
> could logon using user@domain  instead of a cryptic
> account name?

Yes, though I don't know of anyone who has done this, or any code to do it.
You would need to modify the provided vinfo hook to:

1) Take the provided user@domain address
2) Open the virtusertable database and resolve the user@domain to userid
3) Return that userid

It would be tempting to use the virtusertable flat file, but I would take
the extra steps of using the database file instead.  PHP has functions to
deal with most *db database formats, which I think would work for your case.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!