[imp] Filters not working when INBOX is refreshed

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu Dec 5 01:51:17 2002

Quoting Phil Cryer <phil@cryer.us>:

| michael
| thanks, this fixed the login issue; the filters work now when you login.
| however, they still don't seem to work when the INBOX is refreshed when
| I'm on
| the main horde Summary page, even though I have "Apply filter rules when
| mailbox
| is refreshed." checked.  I know the page is being refreshed b/c the
| number on
| the INBOX changes.  if I'm on the INBOX page, the filters work, I get
| mail and
| it goes straight to the correct folder, but I really don't know about it
| since I
| don't have a folder to show me that there's new mail in it.  I'd like
| this
| behavior on the main summary page, so I could see where there is new
| mail.

This is not currently implemented.  I personally don't use the summary page
so I don't see this behavior.  My reading of the preference is that filter
rules will be applied when the mailbox is refreshed when you are on the
MAILBOX page is IMP.  That is, when you click refresh on the mailbox page
(or the page refreshes itself if you have it to set to refresh after a
certain amount of time) it will apply filters - not whenever the mailbox is
refreshed outside of IMP.  Maybe I am just interpreting the preference
wrong.  If someone wanted to write a patch (the file imp/lib/api.php is
probably what needs to be changed) that would be great.

michael