[imp] Question about the segfaults

Marty marty at oakparkschools.org
Fri Dec 6 15:19:44 2002

> I've never seen seg faults on php 4.1.x -- are you sure this is the cause?
>
> The patch does fix seg faults in the 4.2 line though (which I have experienced
> myself).

Thanks for the response Eric.

I admit that the patch seemed to fix my problem so I jumped a little bit. :-)
However, all I see is the httpd child dies unexpectedly with no meaningful
entry in horde.log and the apache error log shows:

[notice] child pid 19135 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

It happens with http: and https: requests. If you could suggest some avenues to
determine if it's something else I'd be appreciative. It's done it with both
boxes I built so at least I'm consistent with whatever I'm doing. <grin>

My hardware is a pair of Dell 2400's (Dual P3, 9 gig mirror, 512M, blah blah)
running a brand new install of Red Hat 7.3. I applied all the security patches
and such so those are technically non-stock but... :-)

Thanks for your time.

Marty