[imp] One call to LDAP to get the fullname and email address

Mohamed Eldesoky m.eldesoky at tedata.net
Sun Dec 15 13:59:59 PST 2002

Hi all
This is the second time to post about the same question, but this time tried
to change the subject, may be the last one wasn't clear enough.
I apologize in advance.

Well, back to my question.
In IMP conf.php, you define hooks to get the Fullname and the Email address of
the user, with that being done with two hooks, which perform two calls to the
LDAP server ( my backend)
Isn't there a way to make IMP use only one call to the LDAP, and get the
fullname and the email address, and let the hooks return the appropriate
information to the Identity script ??

I tried to add the LDAP connection funtion to imp/lib/Identity/IMP.php ( which
is the script that calls the hooks), but currently I have the problem that I
can't use the password of the user here!!!
Anyone tried to do something similar ?
Anyone have a clue what to do ?
This is horde 2.1 and IMP 3.1

Regards