[imp] IMP 3.1 / user@domain.ext on virtual domains

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Dec 17 18:08:42 PST 2002

Quoting Tobias Eigen <tobias@kabissa.org>:

 | Hmm.. I've got the same set up (imp 3.1 and horde 2.0, qmail and
 | courier-imap)

 | but want what you seem to have - I'd like IMP to require the username and
 | domain name for the purposes of logging in, which then are also used for the
 | default from address. Currently my users can log in using any server name in
 | the server field, and then write messages from the wrong address. Even
 | worse,
 | they can access each other's preferences. Yikes.
 |
 | Any help in getting around this issue would be much appreciated.

If you use virtual domains in courier-imap your login will be user@domain.com.
Are you using virtual domains?  What backend are you using for courier-imap
authentication?  Are you using imp for horde authentication?

Have you looked at/for the section in horde/imp/config/conf.php
that begins with $conf['hooks']['vinfo'] = imp_get_vinfo'; with example code
following?

ed