[imp] IMP 3.1 / user@domain.ext on virtual domains

Tobias Eigen tobias at kabissa.org
Tue Dec 17 20:21:22 PST 2002

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the (quick!) reply. I'm not sure if I am using "virtual domains" as
you describe, but I thought I was. Can you tell me how to find out?

I'm using IMAP to authenticate, and IMP for HORDE authentication.

There is but one way into IMP at the moment: http://webmail2.kabissa.org

When it's ready, I want to move this to http://webmail.kabissa.org

My understanding, with my limited coding capability, of the vinfo hook is that
it uses the $HTTP_HOST variable to get the domain name - what I actually want
is for users to specify the domain name when they log in - ie. instead
of 'username' they type in 'username@domain.com'. The server name would then
always be localhost (they can't choose). Is there a way to use the hook for
this purpose?

I would be grateful for assistance with this. It's the only issue keeping me
from opening the benefits of this great new version of IMP to my users.

Best wishes,

Tobias

--
Tobias Eigen