[imp] Using HTTP AUTH instead of the imap auth

bastien at bistoure.com bastien at bistoure.com
Thu Dec 19 01:57:57 PST 2002

Hi !

I installed imp recently on my webserver because my users ( the members of
french association ) think that squirrel mail is too bad ... lol
No problem during the install and Imp works fine ....

I'm just looking for :

- a way to use the http auth (the .htaccess file ) instead of the imap auth
- or to use the login/pass used in http auth for the imapd auth but
automatically ( without having to log twice )

Because :

- the imp login page is "protected" by http auth (.htaccess file )
  because i don't want that anybody can try to log on my imapd server ...

- my users have the same password for http account and the imap account ( and
their unix accounts too - lol )

So if you have an idea !??

Thanx

PS : My Config