[imp] Using HTTP AUTH instead of the imap auth

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 19 14:16:35 PST 2002

Quoting bastien@bistoure.com:

> I installed imp recently on my webserver because my users ( the members of

Probably the release version, no?

> - a way to use the http auth (the .htaccess file ) instead of the imap auth

That is in the CVS HEAD (Developer version) but not in the release version.

> - or to use the login/pass used in http auth for the imapd auth but
> automatically ( without having to log twice )

See horde/imp/redirect.php and modify it for your use.  Basically create
a php script that parses the http auth info out and passes it to the horde/imp
login via redirect.php.

> Because :
>
> - the imp login page is "protected" by http auth (.htaccess file )
>   because i don't want that anybody can try to log on my imapd server ...

That doesn't make any sense, as they all have the same password, unless you
mean it also does ip based checking.  If so, just use the ip checking without
authentication.

> - my users have the same password for http account and the imap account ( and
> their unix accounts too - lol )

See above.

> So if you have an idea !??

Yes, redirect.php, or CVS HEAD version.