[imp] trash vs mark delete..

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 19 14:21:15 PST 2002

Quoting Kristaps Armanis <krisha@grafton.lv>:

> Hya IMP users,
>
>   We're using  IMP3.1 here, thank you for great product!
>   Question was, is there option to turn of IMP using MARK_AS_DELETED
>   feature at all?

I don't think this is what you mean, but you can choose between
mark_as_deleted and move_to_trash.

>   We are using imp on Cyrus mailserver. Users are allowed to use trash
>   or to turn trash off (so mark as deleted is used).

Yes.

>   So it would become use trash /  if no - delete directly.

I don't know of any such option, but the newest CVS HEAD has, I think, a
provision that if you are at/over/near your quota, it will try to do a
delete rather than mark_as_deleted.

>   Thank you!
>
>   Why all this?  Because users get over quota / almost over quota and
>   moving to trash becomes unavailable, because imap doesnt have
>   move(), just copy() and delete()    ;(

See above, I think there is a semi-work-around for this quota issue in
the CVS HEAD.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics