[imp] Various CVS issues

Chris Shepherd CShepherd at rogers.com
Mon Dec 23 01:59:36 PST 2002

grp@med.uoc.gr wrote:

>>Is your authentication backend working ok? I use imap for authentication.
>>Configuration of the imapserver ok? (/horde/imp/config/servers.php)
>>

>It seems we've run in a confusion here :-)) Sorry for not being clear enough.
>I haven't tried to edit the above file yet. This is because I was only trying
>to log in to Horde (not IMP) having included myself in horde/conf/conf.php to
>have administrative rights, because I found out in this mailing list that it
>is the only way to derive conf.php from conf.xml. Obviously what you mention
>above is the next step after I create conf.php. At the moment all I am trying
>to do is to create conf.php from conf.xml :-)))
>
>Hope I am clear now...

Clear as glass.

Are you using SQL authentication? I didn't see any configuration details
for how auth is configured to work in your previous posts. If you intend
to use IMP auth, you should either set it up correctly so that the user
exists, or manually create a horde user in your SQL tables if using SQL
authentication. This can be done with a simple piece of SQL:
insert into horde_users (user_uid, user_pass) values ('someuser',
md5('somepass'));

Perhaps something such as this should be included in the table creation
scripts? A default of admin:admin with a notice somewhere that it should
be changed? What's the policy on creating default accounts?

Chris Shepherd