[imp] imp inStalLation under Red Hat 8

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 7 11:05:11 PST 2003

Quoting Research and Development <r_and_d at amersol.edu.pe>:

> probably this will sound a little bit off-topic (for the list) but I'm using
> RH 8 and the RPMS for php4, apache

Should work.

> I download the PEAR from horde site. but

Should not have been needed.

> my php/imap functions are not working because I cannot validate against my
> imap server.

In horde/imp/config/servers.php, change the protocol (if not already changed)
to 'imap/notls' and it should work (if not using ssl).

> Any clu how I can troubleshoot this one?

System log file entries from the imap server?

> thanks in advance

Try the 'imap/notls' if you haven't.  If it doesn't work, post again with
the details of the log files.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics