[imp] IMAP message deletion

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 14:52:13 PST 2003

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Francisco Neira <fneira at defensoria.gob.pe> wrote
>Hello,
>
>This may be a beginners question, but please be patient.
>
>I had been using TWIG (http://twig.screwdriver.net) over a Groupwise
>5.5 post office for several months without major trouble.
>
>Urged by the need of more functionality and modularity I chose
>Horde/IMP but now the problem I have is that mail messages even though
>are marked they are never deleted. I though that both applications use
>the same PHP /IMAP functions to handle IMAP mailboxes.

Two things.

The 'usual' IMAP behaviour is to mark messages as deleted only. Actually
deleting them requires that you use the 'Purge deleted' function
(sometimes called 'expunge' in other IMAP clients). That will delete all
marked messages.

Alternatively it is possible to configure Imp to use the perhaps more
familiar delete method of moving messages to your 'trash' folder (it is
with CVS HEAD anyway - I can't remember if this is possible in the
release version). From options, select "Deleting and moving messages".

--
Chris Hastie