[imp] Setting up horde/imp on a Featureprice server

Ryan Booker ryan at buzzeddie.com
Tue Feb 11 19:40:38 PST 2003

> > The control panel mentioned below is just a front end featurerprice
provide
> > for accessing your account.  It has a basic file browser and lits the
> > istalled apps etc.  Any real work has to be done via ftp, a web based
script
> > (eg moveabletype had cgi's that are run from the browser) or something
like
> > phpMyAdmin.  phpMyAdmin doesn't allow sql to be run until you are
connected
> > to a database.  So I can only create the horde db manually (therefore it
is
> > created as the root user).
>
> Maybe you can get featureprice to create the needed databases for you as
> empty databases, giving you permission?

I can create the database, but not as "horde" if it is possible to use a
database not created as horde then all is well and I can go about trying to
work out the commands necessary to do the rest without using the script
provided.

Getting featureprice to do anything other than give a standard reply to any
query (they must simply search emails for keywords and autoreply) is
impossible.  You wouldn't believe the pointless out of context responses
I've received.

;)

Thanks  I'll keep puttering away and pop up if I need anything!

Cheers,
Ryan