[imp] Different authorization for different servers

Zvani Dzoni zvanidzoni at email.si
Wed Feb 12 10:22:42 PST 2003

> > I have two different mail servers with two different smtp servers. The

> > problem is that one server requires authentication and the other doesn't.

> With IMP HEAD and IMP RELENG_3 (currently available as IMP 3.2-RC2), you can

> specify the smtphost on a per-server basis in imp/config/servers.php. I'm

> not positive that this made it into IMP 3.1, but if it did, the comments in

> imp/config/servers.php.dist would tell you how to do it.

I have IMP 3.1 and you can specify smtphost per-server basis. Problem is

that smtp1.foo.com is imap server that supports authorization and when I set

$conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = true; then sending mail from this server
works. But smtp2.foo.com server is pop3 server that doesn't require

authentication, so if ['auth'] = true; is set then i can't send mail.

I wonder if there is a way to set ['auth'] for each server separetaly or

how could i program it? That is, where to put the "code":

 if( server = smtp1)

 then

   auth = true

 else if server = smtp2