[imp] configuring IMP 3.1 and Horde 2.2

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Feb 15 17:37:29 PST 2003

Quoting Ryan Booker <ryan at buzzeddie.com>:

> I'm trying to install imp 3.1 and horde 2.2 from scratch.
>
> Firstly I get an error with the Pear and Mail_mine installation.  I don't
> have permissions to install this myself, so do I need to go back a version
> to use imp?

Probably.  If you can set the php include path (where it searches for pear)
somehow (in /etc/php.ini, in a .htaccess file, etc) then you can install
a pear anywhere you want, and point to it instead of the normal pear install.

> Secondly, I have horde and imp upploaded and test.php running (except the
> errors mentioned above)

Need to fix those somehow.

> Warning: Undefined property: _iv in
> /home/ryan/buzzeddie.com/html/horde/lib/Cipher.php on line 89

Downgrade or upgrade your horde version to get rid of this, or install/enable
mcrypt in your php I think, or add the patch (from 2.2.1) to 2.2.

> a. What does this mean, any tips on fixing it, is it related to the above
> errors?

See above.

> b. Easy one: how do I configure imp to use English (GB) by default.

Edit config/prefs.php and set the "$_prefs['language']" value to
the desired language setting.  You can get the language setting to use
from config/nls.php I think (en_GB in your case, I think).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!